Total Length: 21 inches (50cm) long
Necklace Length: 15 inches (38cm)
Beads: 14 mm and 10mm 54 wooden beads
Meru Bead: Recycled metal Bead with turquoise elements
Spacers and Details: 14mm vintage recycled African glass beads
A Mala is a traditional string of beads used to count mantras (Sanskrit prayers) in sets of 18, 21, 27, 54 or 108 repetitions. The large Meru (mountain) bead provides a starting and ending point on the mala for counting the repetitions.
|General Necklace Sizing Info:|
- Necklaces 48 inches (122cm) and longer: Generous long strands often doubled or tripled, hang at navel or below.
- Necklaces 40 inches (100cm) and longer: Long strands often doubled or tripled, can also hang near the navel with pendant.
- 28- to 34-inch (70 - 85cm) necklaces: Medium to long necklaces hang near the bust line or are worn as a doubled strand.
- 20- to 24-inch (50 - 60cm) necklaces: Medium chains meet at the top of the bust line. Certain strands, chokers, and pendant necklaces also come in these lengths.
- 17- to 20-inch (43 - 60cm) necklaces: Short to medium chains, strands, and lockets, as well as some longer chokers, meet at top of breastbone, and can attach pendants.
- 16- to 18-inch (41 - 46cm) necklaces: Short chains, lockets, strands, and chokers. They stay close to the neck. Attached pendants lie above the breastbone.
- 10- to 13-inch (25 - 33cm) necklaces: Very short necklaces, such as chokers, wrap very close around the neck.